This post is provided by our partner, Opolis. Learn more about Opolis for freelancers at freelancersunion.org/opolis/
With an estimated 90 million self-employed workers by 2028 in the U.S. alone, current employment and HR technology toolsets are either out-of-date or non-existent for this population of workers. Traditionally, these toolsets have been designed toward corporations as the primary ‘customer’.
Because of this, many freelancers today still struggle with providing proof of income for key financial transactions and securing affordable yet premium benefits like health insurance and group 401K.
Opolis was birthed in the vision of a more equal employment framework. A platform that brings tools and infrastructure to independent workers so they have the freedom to choose the way they want to work.
Opolis is an easy-to-use integrated platform designed to help independent workers maintain freedom and flexibility while replicating the safety and security of a traditional W2 job. Here’s why members love the platform:
- Professional transformation: Opolis guides freelancers and independent workers through the process of creating their business entities and professionalizing their businesses.
- Increased productivity: Opolis assumes the administrative burden of calculating and remitting quarterly taxes and automating payroll, so freelancers can focus on what they do best – building their business.
- Financial fitness and security: Opolis provides access to premium benefits usually reserved for W2 workers, such as group medical, dental, and vision insurance, health and retirement savings options, unemployment, disability, and even life insurance.
Freelancers and independent workers of all industries can explore membership with Opolis. Becoming a member is quick and easy:
- Be a freelancer or independent worker authorized to work in the U.S.
Unfortunately, we do not currently provide services in Arizona or Michigan, but hope to expand to these locations soon.
- Set up an ‘S’ Corp or ‘C’ Corp.
This step not only helps professionalize your business with your clients but is necessary so that Opolis can serve as your entity’s Employer of Record (EoR).
- Run payroll through Opolis.
This is legally necessary so that you can access our group healthcare options. It’s beneficial as you will gain access to proof of income like bi-monthly paystubs and annual W2s.
Opolis’ vision is a world where independent workers have the opportunity to control their employment and have accessible and easy-to-use tools to do so.